Tuesday, September 3, 2013

BitterSweet Weekend!

What a great Labor Day weekend! Not as relaxing as I would have hoped but spent with wonderful friends. The Grape Stomp was fun and our friends, David and Lizzy, cooked a pig Monday that was delicious!

This weekend I decided to call a realtor and put my house up for sale. I feel relief and excitement. The last few weeks have been a bit of a homeowner's nightmare. I walked into my utility room to find a puddle of water dripping from the ceiling. Because the A/C had been giving me problems we immediately thought it was that but upon further inspection (tearing apart the ceiling and wall) a small pinhole was found in a water pipe. Thankfully it's an easy fix and it was not leaking for long so there wasn't any mold BUT with just having an annulment and having a 2300 square foot house to maintain AND a pool AND a big backyard this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I have decided that life is too short to worry about all this and I need to be spending my time enjoying life with Bella!

BUT I do have GREAT memories here and have had tears in my eyes off and on all weekend with the realization that I'm going to leave them all behind. I've had the house a little over 4 years and I keep remembering all the time spent here with family and friends. It's not even on the market! lol Oh yes, there have been quite a few tears but I know, without a doubt, this is the best move! I think I am surprised I'm feeling this emotional after the last few weeks.

I haven't decided what the next step is... Isabella needs to stay at her school for the next 3 years so I have a few options: buy a smaller house, rent a house, or find an apartment until I find a house.... In the meantime, I am spending every hour I'm home repainting trim, fixing little things here and there and getting ready to move on! I just need to make sure I make a decision that will allow me more relief than work. :)

Wish me luck!!



To find it...
The tiny pinhole (the small line in the middle)
Where it was!





 
My Princess
Alex, Me, Lizzy, & David
 
 
The Girls (they didn't think stomping grapes was fun so wouldn't get in)


No comments:

Post a Comment