Wednesday, September 4, 2013

On top of all the other fun stuff going on... :)

I received two texts yesterday:

One from a girlfriend, Linda, that has started a non-profit organization, Grow With the Arts, which brings Art back into schools and she has asked me to be on the board as the Events Planner. Our girls school, Longs Creek Elementary, will be a test/pilot school for the organization. Way to put a girl on the spot! But I can't do a terrible job when it's for kids. I have to up the game and make sure I raise a lot of money! Oh yes, you will be asked to contribute!! :) Linda owns a company that assists creative professionals with publicity services and career development resources. Need I say more on how much fun these events will be?! You can contact me now if you'd like to purchase a ticket to "To Be Determined" fundraiser! (I have one in the works but I can't say what it is because we're still setting everything in stone....hint: tutu's)

The other text was from one of the mom's from Bella's school who is the Room Mom coordinator, Patricia... If I can digress for a moment, at the Meet the Teacher night a week and a half ago I walked into Bella's class to find the "Power Moms"! lol This is Bella's 4th  year at this school and it's a wonderful, small community so we all know each other but there are those moms that up the game and I call them - Power Moms (Pinterest Moms). Everything is - go big or go home. Well Bella has like 8 of these moms in her class. I told her teacher she was in for a wild year! The PTA President mom, the Coordinator mom, the others that are always room moms... Since Kinder it's been just me and another mom so when the Room Mom form went out, I filled it out and put a note to Patricia - who's son is in Bella's class, "Patricia - Don't pick favorites! Unless I'm one of them! ;)" They normally pick 2 and other moms can help. She texted me this and I couldn't stop laughing:

 
So looks like I'll be busy with fun Room Parent stuff too! I can't wait! I LOVE Pinterest and all these blogs with ideas! You will definitely see a few things on here. Who says we need sleep?! Our kids need us!!! :)
 
Happy Wednesday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment