Monday, August 5, 2013

A Bachelorette Weekend

I have to say, I have not been to a 'Bachelorette Party' in a few years....what a blast! I was also very excited that I could still hang in there, although there were moments, like at 9pm, 10pm, 12am-just to name a few :p, that I wanted to throw in the towel but I trucked on until 2am, whoo hoo, and am glad I did (my feet weren't though :), lol.

My friend, Amy, planned a great bachelorette weekend for her sister, Natalie, who is marrying her fiancé, Jesse, in October. Did you get all that?! haha We joked how we had become such boring moms and we completely enjoy it because we were ready to quit so early! Although she has 3 kids under 4 so her idea of relaxing and boring and mine may be a bit different :). It's always fun to get together and let loose and get away from the everyday but there is such a huge comfort in being home with your family.  I know, I sound like a blast, don't be jealous! But back to the party...I arrived around 3pm on Saturday and met the rest of the ladies who had been there since Friday and we hung out until dinner. We headed down to Chupacabra on 6th St. (Delicious Mexican food) and because this was the first time I had met everyone besides Amy and Natalie they tested me on everyone's name,  Sharon, Julia, Christine, Valerie, Amy, Barbara, Allison, Amanda, Jessica, Rachel, Natalie, Lisa, Kay and I got them all right! Whoo hoo! We went back to the hotel room for the shower where we played a few games and as Natalie opened her gifts we named each lingerie outfit. (One of the girls is going to make a menu for Jesse to pick off of) We picked names like Saucy, Ooo la la, Little Bo Peep, etc. OMG, he's going to love it!!! We then headed down to the Dirty 6th (new lingo for me- it's called this because there is now a newer West 6th? I'm still learning) drank and danced until the lights came on and they threw us out! We all hobbled back to our rooms and passed out. It was a GREAT night, I met some great new friends, and I am so excited for Natalie and Jesse to begin their new life together.

Amy - you did a great job!

Here are a few pictures and I couldn't leave out the invitations for this soiree!

Here was the invitation:                                                             Here was the insert:


Purchase this cute insert, Here


Purchase this awesome invitation, Here

On our way to 6th Street!
 
 
The Silly group shot is always the best! Oh yes, that's me with my leg up in the air - CLASSY! lol

Happy Monday! Have a GREAT week!


3 comments:

  1. Good for you. .. sound like you had an awesome time. .. and remember "you are as old as how you feel"




    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Bachelorette Party needs a little "Lisa" in it :) So glad you came!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love this, I am so glad you came!!! We will have to party it up again at the wedding...but don't worry its over by 11pm ;)

    ReplyDelete